LOOKING FOR ASSISTANCE
Requesting a Modification
When circumstances change, such as a substantial change in income for either parent, a change in expenses for the child(ren) or changes in custody or visitation schedules; a modification in the child support obligation may be warranted. The changes must display a 20% increase or decrease in the child support obligation for a modification to be warranted.
To request a modification, contact your caseworker. You will be asked to provide the following information:
- A completed financial affidavit
- Wage and payroll statements
- Federal and state tax returns
- Documentation from your employer regarding changes with your employment status
- Proof of other income and expenses
- Health insurance premiums
- Child care expenses
- Documentation of illness or disability for you or your child
- Documentation of a change in custody or visitation.
Please understand, submitting a request for modification does not guarantee a modification will be granted. The parties must agree to the change in an obligation or a hearing will be requested before a judge.
Developed by the federal Office of Child Support Enforcement to help parents understand the child support review and modification process.