LOOKING FOR ASSISTANCE
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program
Applicants will need:
- Application Form fully completed and submitted to your nearest HSD office or through the YesNM Portal
- Identity – for one adult living in the residence
- Non-Citizen Immigrant Status – for all those applying for help, if applicable
- Disability – only give proof if you are not getting disability income
- Income – Proof of income for the last 30 days.
- Heating/Cooling Costs
- Proof of your heating/cooling cost.
- Crisis LIHEAP – HSD can help you faster if you have:
- disconnected utility service;
- disconnect notice; or
- almost out of wood, propane or other bulk fuels
- Give us a copy of your disconnect notice
What happens once I return my application?
You will be asked to come in for an interview in about ten days. Your assigned worker will give you a list of things you need to provide. This information will tell your worker about you and your household so he or she can determine if you qualify for LIHEAP assistance. Bring as much of the requested information as you can to the interview. This will help us to help you faster.
If, after your interview, you need to provide more information, your worker will make a list of things you need to do. Your worker will explain how much time you have to gather the information. If you need more time, or you can’t get the information required, tell your worker as soon as possible.
When will I know if I can get LIHEAP assistance?
You will be notified by letter within 45 days as to whether or not your LIHEAP assistance was approved. If you do not agree with the decision, you can ask for a Fair Hearing. Remember, our job is to serve you. It is our policy to ensure that everyone who applies for and qualifies for LIHEAP receives those benefits in a timely manner and in accordance with the law.
More Information and Resources
- Note: The majority of people who qualify for LIHEAP may qualify for other services provided by HSD
- For additional information on LIHEAP, please call (800) 283-4465