LOOKING FOR ASSISTANCE
Emergency Food Assistance
What is the purpose of this program?
The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP) provides United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) food to eligible New Mexicans. Five food banks in the state contract with numerous organizations to provide distribution of the TEFAP food. Click HERE for information about food distribution in your area.
How do I qualify?
A person must:
- Be a New Mexico resident
- Fit within the TEFAP Income Guidelines (English/ Español)
- Contact the regional food bank for TEFAP distribution sites – click HERE for a map
- Complete an application at the distribution site
More information and Resources:
- For additional information, call (800) 648-7167
- Visit the USDA Food Distribution Programs website for more information about USDA Food Programs
- USDA Non-Discrimination Statement
- USDA Discrimination Complaint Form
- 2017 TEFAP Manual