Demonstrate Meaningful Use
(Meaningful Use data is entered at Step 3 in the NM State Level Registry)
When can I attest for Program Year 2020?
The New Mexico State Level Registry (SLR) will be open for Program Year 2020 attestations during the following time period:
- Eligible Professionals (EPs): December 1, 2020 to February 28, 2021
- Eligible Hospitals (EHs): NM eligible hospitals have completed the program.
What’s Notable for Program Year 2020?
- In PY 2020 and for the remainder of the program, Eligible Professionals (EPs) participating in the program must have attested in previous years.
- All EPs must attest to Stage 3 MU objectives.
- EPs must use 2015 Edition Certified EHR Technology (CEHRT) for the entire 90-day EHR Reporting Period.
- There are 8 MU objectives for Stage 3.
- All EPs may select an EHR Reporting Period of any continuous 90-days in calendar year 2020.
- All EPs must attest to 6 Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs) relevant to their scope of practice.
- All EPs must attest to a continuous 90-day reporting period in calendar year 2020 for Clinical Quality Measures (CQMs).
- EPs must conduct their Security Risk Assessment during Calendar Year 2020, preferably by the end of August 2020.
What should I attach when I attest for Program Year 2020?
Step 2: Practice Management Report (PMR) for Patient Volume
Step 3: EHR Certification Screen: Screenshot of CMS EHR Certification ID
Step 3-EHR Certification Screen: Vendor Documentation for 2015 Edition Certified EHR Technology (CEHRT)
Step 3- EHR Reporting Period Screen: CEHRT Meaningful Use Summary Report (Objectives and CQMs)
Step 3-Protect Patient Health Information screen: A complete copy of Security Risk Analysis conducted for PY-2020
Step 3-Patient Electronic Access: Documentation of date the Application Programming Interface (API) function was enabled, a copy of instructions given to patients seen during the EHR Reporting Period on how to access their health information using the API.
Step 3-Public Health Reporting Screen(s): New Mexico Department of Health or Other Registry documentation
For More Information about Program Year 2020:
Click here for instructions on guiding an attestation through the SLR. *BROKEN LINK*
Click here for a demonstration of guiding an attestation through the SLR.
Link into the 2020 Medicaid Program Requirements page on the CMS Promoting Interoperability website to access tipsheets and other materials.
Click here to access PY 2020 Stage 3 MU objectives.
Click here to access PY 2020 Clinical Quality Measures
Attend NM Medicaid Promoting Interoperability Program webinars. Watch for email updates and webinar invitations. If you would like to be added to the email list, please email your contact information to Valorie Vigil at Valorie.Vigil@state.nm.us. Be sure to include your name, email address, phone number and practice name.
Access Webinar Materials
- Meaningful Use Spotlight Program Year 2019: EPs
- Meaningful Use Spotlight: Program Year 2018: EPs.
- A Collaborative Webinar produced by the New Mexico Health Information Collaborative (NMHIC), the New Mexico Medicaid EHR Incentive Program. HealthInsight New Mexico, and others.
- Meaningful Use Spotlight: Protect Patient Health Information/Security Risk Analysis (SRA)— How to Conduct a Security Risk Analysis that Complies with Meaningful Use.