HSD continues modernization of the New Mexico Child Support Program
SANTA FE – The New Mexico Human Services Department (HSD) today announced its efforts to continue modernizing the state’s child support program to better serve participating parents and employers by optimizing the program’s payment methods.
About 66 percent of all child support payments are made through the electronic methods offered by HSD. The fastest and easiest way to make child support payments is online through E-Bill Express or by phone at the HSD Consolidated Customer Service Center at 1-800-283-4465. Electronic Fund Transfers are also available to make payments from both parents and employers.
“We encourage our customers to use electronic options when making payments, as they are the most efficient and convenient way to meet their monthly obligation,” said Kari Armijo, Deputy Secretary for the New Mexico Human Services Department.
Parents and employers who prefer to mail their payments can do so using the new P.O. Box address beginning December 7, 2022. The new P.O. Box provides a unique zip code for the processing center allowing greater processing capabilities that improve payments processing time.
This change will result in mailed payments being processed faster and more efficiently by the processing center for the Child Support State Disbursement Unit that distributes payments to our customers,” said Betina Gonzales McCracken, HSD’s Child Support Program Acting Director. “This change is going to benefit those customers still making payments by mail.”
During the transition, all payments mailed to the old P.O. Box will be forwarded for processing during a one-year period.
HSD provides the following methods for child support payments:
- Online Payments: (e-check, credit or debit cards – parents only)
- E-Bill Express. Parents will need their CSED case number and member number to make a payment.
- By Phone Payments (e-check, credit or debit cards – parents only)
- HSD Consolidated Customer Service Center at 1-800-283-4465. Parents will need their CSED case number and member number to make a payment.
- In Person (checks and money orders preferred, exact cash also accepted – parents and employers)
- Mailed Payments to the new P.O. Box address (checks and money orders only – parents and employers)
- State of New Mexico
- Child Support Disbursement Unit
- P.O. 200796,
- Dallas, TX 75320-0796
- Always write your case number on your check or money order to ensure it is properly applied to your child support case.
Frequently Asked Questions about the E-Bill Express payment can be found here; https://www.hsd.state.nm.us/LookingForAssistance/making-pyaments.aspx.
We talk, interpret and smile in all languages. We provide written information to our customers in both English and Spanish and interpretation services are available in 58 languages through our provider, CTS Language Link. For our hearing, and speech impaired customers, we utilize Relay New Mexico, a free 24-hour service that ensures equal communication access via the telephone to individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, deaf-blind or speech disabled.
The Human Services Department provides services and benefits to 1,080,042 New Mexicans through several programs including: the Medicaid Program, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Program, Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), Child Support Program, and several Behavioral Health Services.