Announcements and Updates
On October 16, 2015, CMS published in the Federal Register the new Final Rule: CMS EHR Incentive Program Stage 3 and Modifications to Meaningful Use in 2015 through 2017. The Final Rule became effective on December 15, 2015. This one Final Rule addresses the two separate notices of proposed rulemaking (NPRMs) that were advertised for public comment in the Spring of 2015. There are some changes from what was proposed and what has been finalized.
Also on October 16, 2015 the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC) published a Final Rule: 2015 Edition Health IT Certification Criteria or “2015 Edition,” which became effective January 14, 2016.
When can I attest for Program Year 2016?
The New Mexico State Level Registry (SLR) will open for Program Year 2016 AIU and MU attestations as follows:
- Eligible Professionals (EPs): January 25, 2017
- Eligible Hospitals (EHs): January 25, 2017
The last day that an EP or EH can submit a Program Year 2016 attestation is April 30, 2017.
EHs must first attest to Meaningful Use in the Medicare EHR Incentive Program between January 1, 2017 and February 28, 2017.
What’s Notable for Program Year 2016?
- PY 2016 is the final year that an EP or EH can attest for the first time in the program.
- EPs who are scheduled to be in Stage 1 in PY 2016 will have different requirements from EPs scheduled to be in Stage 2 for only one of the ten objectives, the Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE) Objective.
- For the Secure Electronic Messaging Objective, the measure is changed from a yes/no measure to a numerator/denominator measure for all EPs attesting to Meaningful Use.
- For all EPs attesting to Meaningful Use, they may select an EHR Reporting Period of any continuous 90-day period from January 1, 2016 through December 31, 2016.
- All EPs attesting to Meaningful Use must be in Active Engagement for two of the three measures of the Public Health Reporting Objective.
- All EPs must attest to objectives and measures using EHR technology certified to the 2014 Edition or the 2015 Edition, or a combination of the two.
For more information on the NM Medicaid EHR Program, please visit the Eligible Professionals or Eligible Hospitals sections on this website.
Click here to access the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services EHR Incentive Program website.
See the Meaningful Use page(s) under Eligible Professionals or Eligible Hospitals on this website for more detail.
Electronic Health Records Resources and Contact Information:
- State Level Registry Customer Care
Phone: 1-800-299-7304; Choose option 6, and then choose option 2.
- Program Policy and Public Information
Valorie A. Vigil, Program Staff Manager
Benjamin Rogers, Program Manager