Apply for Assistance
You can now apply for assistance online. Click here to apply for assistance online.
For Paper Applications:
SNAP, TANF, Medicaid, General Assistance, and Energy Assistance
Download an application and mail, fax, or file it at your.
New Mexico Streamlined Application Medicaid Only
Use one simple form to apply for SNAP benefits, Cash Assistance, LIHEAP and Medicaid.
Mail, fax, or file to your local.
Complete application process.
In order to complete your application you will need:
- Proof of household income;
- A photo ID for the person filing the application;
- A SSN for all household members for whom you are applying for benefits, and
- One of the following from the past 12 months:
- Highest gas or electric bill for 30 day's of service,
- Account history printout from a propane company, or receipts for two propane fills with the fewest days in between,
- A receipt for a wood purchase, or
- A disconnect notice, if you have received one, or the cost of starting utility service at your home.
- Below is a complete list of what types of proof you can provide.
New Mexico Modified Combined Application Project (NMCAP)
Download an application and mail to your local ISD Office or the NMCAP Office at:
830 Camino Del Pueblo
Bernalillo, NM 87004
For additional information, call (877) 636-5453
Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program - LIHEAP
For additional information, call (800) 283-4465.
State Supplement Payment to SSI Recipient in Need of Residential Care
Based on the availability of state funding, recipients of Supplemental Security Income (SSI) who live in Adult Residential Care Homes or Assisted Living Facilities may be eligible to receive a monthly cash payment to assist with personal care, such as bathing, dressing, eating or taking prescribed medication. You may download and print an application and mail or drop it off at your local county ISD office.