Behavioral Health Services Division
Diana McWilliams, Acting Director
The Behavioral Health Services Division (BHSD) primary role is to serve as the adult Mental Health and Substance Abuse State Authority for the State of New Mexico. The Authority's role is to address need, services, planning, monitoring and continuous quality systemically for all adults across the state. Its key functions as the Authority include:
- Administering Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) Substance Abuse, Prevention and Treatment Block Grant (SAPTBG) and the Community Mental Health Services Block Grant (CMHSBG).
- Facilitate the mapping of prevalence, incident and impact of mental illness and substance abuse for adults across New Mexico.
- Facilitate comprehensive service planning for the provision of integrated systems of care based identified need.
- Monitor progress in systems capacity to meet the identified need and identification of significant gaps in services.
- Identification of behavioral services best practices and the development of fidelity and quality standards.
- Facilitate statewide behavioral health service access and capacity.
- Statewide disaster response for persons with behavioral health disorders.
- Integration of comprehensive substance abuse and mental health services.
- Function as the State Opioid Treatment Authority for New Mexico.
- Homelessness service planning and funding through the Projects in Assistance to Transition from Homelessness (PATH) Grant.
The Human Services Department is a member of the New Mexico Behavioral Health Purchasing Collaborative (Collaborative) and BHSD works with the Collaborative in establishing policy and in its contractual relationship with the Statewide Entity to implement strategies to manage the adult behavioral health system.
FY11 Consultant RFP
FY11 Fiscal Agent RFP
Sexual Assault Training & Support Program RFP 11-630-7903-0002
Contact usBehavioral Health Services Division
37 Plaza La Prensa
Santa Fe, NM 87507
P.O. Box 2348
Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504
(505) 476-9277 or (505) 476-9272